Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 10

Ok first, I am going to start changing the title of my blogs. Getting tired of  just the number of days I'm dieting. Oops. The start of my lifestyle change.

C had surgery today. Ear tubes removed and his tongue clipped. He did very well until we got to the pre op room. Then he kept saying he didn't want his ear tubes removed. He was getting nervous. CCMC is a very good hospital tho. The nurses were very nice and helpful. He drove a battery operated car into the operating room. Then he had to breathe into the mask and blow up the balloon. He liked doing that. It was very freaky, tho, because when he fell asleep his eyes were still wide open. I hate watching my kids get put to sleep anyway, but this was awful!  After it was done and he woke up, he would not stop screaming and crying until we were on our way out. The nurse was actually rushing to get us out! Poor baby. He kept saying his tongue hurt underneath. He was given fentanyl while he was sleeping, morphine and tylenol before we left and he was still in a lot of pain. When we got home and he started to feel better, he asked "mommy! what happened to the line under my tongue?!"  He was so very grouchy all day. Everything made him so mad! And whiny! OMG was he whiny. But i felt so bad for him.

So I haven't really had time to think about food today. (Well, at least not obsess about it). We left the house about 6:30 this morning. Dropped of B at M's house. (Thank you!!!) Got home about noonish and then catered to my boy. Now I have free time and those egg rolls are looking mighty good! I may actually use some WP for one. Yes, they are that good.

Breakfast: waffle and banana
Lunch: spanish rice (M's are without a doubt the best!)
Dinner: chinese food (i know what you're thinking but i got the healthy selection). steamed seafood and veggies with white rice and ss sauce. yum!
Snack: skinny cow (and possibly an egg roll)

So once in a while I have to give in to a craving, and tonight it seems to be that damn egg roll. See how I obsess? Screw it. I had a tough day too.

So now it is the end of the day and kids are watching the premiere of the new looney tunes. Gotta love how the old stuff comes back around.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment